Project: Tipstreaming of Surfactant-Laden Interfaces
tmoyle (at) andrew.cmu.edu
Generation of sub-micron sized droplets, Marangoni stresses and flows, Surfactant transport to interfaces, Interfacial Rheology
- Controlling microscale tipstreaming
- Sub-micron droplet polymerization
- Flow induced Marangoni stresses
Honors and Awards
- Thomas (E 1973) and Adrienne Klopack Graduate Fellowship in Engineering
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship Recipient
- The Outstanding Senior in Chemical Engineering Award, University of Pittsburgh
- Edward B. Stuart and Geraldine J. Stuart Memorial Scholarship Recipient
- AIChE Sophomore Academic Excellence Award
- Chiang Scholarship
- Eagle Scout
- 2010-Present, Department of Chemical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, Ph.D. Candidate (Expected May 2015)
- 2006–2010, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, B.S. Chemical Engineering Major (May 2010)
- Moyle, T. M., Walker, L. M., Anna, S. L. “Controlling Thread Formation During Tipstreaming Through an Active Feedback Control Loop.” Lab on a Chip Vol. 13, Issue 23, 4534-4541, DOI: 10.1039/C3LC50946J
- Moyle, T. M., Walker, L. M., Anna, S. L. “Predicting Conditions for Microscale Surfactant-Mediated Tipstreaming.” Physics of Fluids Vol. 24, 082110 Aug. 2012, DOI:10.1063/1.4746253
- Wagner, E. P., Lambert, P. D., Moyle, T. M., Koehle, M. A. “Diesel vehicle performance on unaltered waste soybean oil blended with petroleum fuels.” Fuel, Vol. 107, 757-765 May 2013.
- Wagner, E. P., Koehle, M. A., Moyle, T. M. Lambert, P. D. “Predicting Temperature Dependent Viscosity for Unaltered Waste Soybean Oil Blended with Petroleum Fuels.” The Journal of the American Oil Chemists, Vol. 87, No. 4, 453-459, DOI: 10.1007/s11746-009-1512-2.
- Wagner, E. P., Koehle, M. A., Moyle, T. M. Lambert, P. D. “How Green is your Fuel? Creation and Comparison of Automotive Biofuels.” The Journal of Chemical Education, Vol. 87 No. 7 July 2010.
- T. M. Moyle, L. M. Walker, S. L. Anna, “Tipstreaming from the rear of surfactant laden droplets traveling through a microchannel” presented at the 66th APS Division of Fluid Dynamics Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, November 2013.
- T. M. Moyle, L. M. Walker, S. L. Anna, “Engineering microscale tipstreaming through modeling and active control” presented at the 35th Carnegie Mellon ChEGSA Symposium, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October 11th 2013.
- T. M. Moyle, L. M. Walker, S. L. Anna, “Modeling, predicting, and controlling microscale tipstreaming” presented at the AIChE 2012 Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 28 Oct – 2 Nov 2012.
- T. M. Moyle, L. M. Walker, S. L. Anna, “A predictive model to estimate operating conditions for microscale tip streaming” presented at the 86th ACS Colloid and Surface Sc. Symp., Baltimore, Maryland, June 2012.
- T. M. Moyle, L. M. Walker, S. L. Anna, “Predicting microscale tipstreaming for soluble surfactants” Poster presented at the 33rd Annual Chemical Engineering Graduate Student Symposium, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, September 2011.
- N. J. Alvarez, T. M. Moyle, W. Lee, L. M. Walker, S. L. Anna, “Kinetic limited transport of soluble surfactants in microscale tipstreaming,” presented at the 85th ACS Colloid and Surface Sc. Symp., Montreal, Canada, June 2011.